Saturday, August 25, 2012

Studying and House Guests

 
First of all, let me begin by patting myself on the back for making it through my first full week of Grad school! It has been a little bit of a challenge - mainly because I forgot how to be a student. Since my senior year of undergrad was all internship, I haven't really been a student for the last two years. However, I am genuinely excited about all of my classes. They are all so interesting, which wasn't always true in undergrad.
(side note - this week I also accepted a job as a part-time assistant teacher for a child development center. It'll be a fun way to earn a little extra cash! So excited!)
 
Today, I am attempting to re-learn how to study. 
 
In other news, we are having our first overnight guest tonight! So exciting! Our good friend Andrew is in town and will be staying the night with us. Adam and Andrew lived together in college. Andrew's fiancee, Carrie, and I joke that we can always tell when one of them misses the other by how goofy they start acting. We are so excited to have Andrew stay the night with us and I'm sure he and Adam will be up all night reliving their college days!
 
We don't have a guest room, but luckily Andrew was a frequent couch sleeper in college so he should be just fine on the couch.
 
We're ready for you, Andrew!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment